Bohemian Rhapsody- Queen
Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality
Open your eyes,
Look up to the skies and see,
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy,
Because I'm easy come, easy go,
Little high, little low,
Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to
me, to me
Mama,
I just killed a man,
Put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger
now he's dead
Mama... life had just begun,
But now I've gone and thrown it all away
Mamaaaaa oooh,
Didn't mean to make you cry,
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow,
Carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters
Too late, my time has come,
Sends shivers down my spine, body's aching all
the time
Goodbye, ev'rybody, I've got to go,
Got to leave you all behind and face the truth
Mamaaaaa oooh,
I don't want to die,
I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all
(Guitar solo)
I see a little silhouetto of a man,
Scaramouche! Scaramouche! will you do the
Fandango?!
Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very frightening
me!
Galileo, Galileo
Galileo, Galileo
Galileo, Figaro - magnifico
I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me
He's just a poor boy from a poor family,
Spare him his life from this monstrosity!
Easy come, easy go, will you let me go
Bismilah! No, we will not let you go
(Let him go!) Bismilah! We will not let you go
(Let him go!) Bismilah! We will not let you go
(Let me go) Will not let you go
(Let me go)(Never) Never let you go
(Let me go) Never let you go (Let me go) Ah
No, no, no, no, no, no, no
Oh mama mia, mama mia, mama mia, let me go
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me,
for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
So you think you can stop me and spit in my
eye?!?!
So you think you can love me and leave me to
die?!?!
Oh, baby, can't do this to me, baby,
Just gotta get out, just gotta get right outta
here!
(Guitar solo)
Nothing really matters, Anyone can see,
Nothing really matters,
Nothing really matters to me...
Any way the wind blows...
Life and death is the scariest thing to think about. One moment you are there, then your gone. You don’t have a say in it, it just happens, which is one of the worst things about it. When its over, its over, vanished, no longer.The song Bohemian Rhapsody -Queen, was written by Freddie Mercury who wrote it as his goodbye song when he was dying of aids. Through out the song Freddie goes through the five stages of grief, Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, and Acceptance all in different order. Which is confusing but life can be confusing.
Freddie Mercury is a person that shows that taking grief step by step just helps you get through it. In the first verse he goes through the stage Denial he says: “Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a Landslide, No escape from Reality.” He feels that either way he looks at it, he is trapped by this disease. He wishes he could just close his eyes and be free. In the second verse he goes through depression and regret he says: “Mama... life had just begun, But now I've gone and thrown it all away.” He was just beginning to learn about life, he wasn’t done with it, and he wanted to complete the journey. He feels that if could just undo his mistake then he would have everything back, and finish. In the third verse he goes through the stage of acceptance he says: “Goodbye, ev'rybody, I've got to go, Got to leave you all behind and face the truth.” That is the hardest thing to do accept the fact that you wont live forever. It means you lost hope, but if anything it makes you stronger, you don’t hide from the truth. You breath it in. In the fourth verse goes through the stage bargaining he says: “Scaramouche! Scaramouche! will you do the Fandango?!” He is saying I am an idiot, who isn’t careful. Who bets anything and expects to be safe and protected. In the seventh verse Freddie Mercury goes through anger he says: “So you think you can stop me and spit in my
eye?!?! So you think you can love me and leave me to die?!?!” He is saying you led me on kept me going and now, life, you are just letting go of me when I need you most.
Nobody likes the thought of not being here, and no one should. But we don’t remember anything from before we were born so how can we remember anything if we don’t exist anymore. Your life is a memory the first time you rode a bike, or took your first steps. Not the first time you sat alone in a room for the rest of your life, doing nothing, thinking nothing, completely brain dead. Your heart may be beating but you have no life in you And that is what everyone loves, having life flow through their veins, having the experience and the memories. The five stages of grief just help you understand that it doesn’t matter how many memories you may have, (because its not like you can remember them all) but just how important they are and with how much life do they fill you with?
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI love this response! I never really thought about the depth of his lyrics, just that he was saying his final goodbye. I love your reponses because they help me see things in a different way!
ReplyDeleteEvertime you write a blog all of your responses help me see everything such in a different way just like you did for Bohemian Rapsody by Queen.
ReplyDeleteLove this song, that was really deep! 'little depressing though...
ReplyDelete